Winter will officially be over in a few weeks. That means one thing…ways to make extra money this spring! 🙂 We’ve spoken before about making extra money in the summer as well as ways to make extra money before Christmas, but spring brings unique earning opportunities.
So, if you’re looking to make extra money for Spring Break, or simply want to make extra income this spring, hopefully some of these tips will help.
Great Ways to Make Extra Money This Spring
- Get Constructive – With the warming temperatures, many homeowners like to do things like build/repair decks, install new fences, etc. If you have some woodworking or handyman skills this can be a great way to make extra money this spring. You can charge either by the hour or per project and it can be a nice way to make extra income in the spring months. You can start by asking people in your neighborhood or advertise somewhere like Craigslist and see where it takes you.
- Take surveys – I’ve spoken before about making money taking surveys. You won’t get rich quick by any means, but is a great way to make a little extra cash. With a site like Swagbacks, you can make money taking surveys or through your normal shopping that can get you cash or Amazon gift cards. You can sign up for Swagbacks here and earn an extra $5 sign-up bonus as a new member. There are many other options to make money with surveys, including sites like National Consumer Panel, Vindale Research, One Opinion, Earning Station, Survey Junkie, VIP Voice, Opinion Outpost, ProOpinion, Harris Poll Opinion Outpost Canada, Mobile Xpression, Harris Poll Canada, Pinecone Research Canada and Nielsen Homescan Canada.
- Do Your Own Spring Cleaning – We do this in our home regularly. We go through the house and find the junk…err crap…we’re not using anymore and sell it. Yes, it’s a cliché but that doesn’t mean it doesn’t work. Go through your house and find 5-10 items you don’t use anymore and go from there.
- Watch TV – Most like to spend time outside in the spring. You’ve been inside all winter and you want to breath in the fresh air. What about your downtime you spend in front of the TV? You can turn that dead time into a money making opportunity with Reward TV. Through Reward TV you answer a few questions about shows you watch and you can earn cash or gift cards for your time. You won’t get rich, but it can be a nice way to make a little extra money this spring.
- Get Behind the Wheel – We’ve spoken before about how to make money driving Uber or Lyft and springtime is a perfect time to do something like this. Spring is a popular travel time as people are looking to get away for Spring Break. If you’re 23 and have your own 4-door car then you’re good to go to make money driving for Uber or Lyft.
- Start A Blog – Starting a blog can be a great way to make extra money as there are so many opportunities out there to earn income. If I can start a blog, then I know anyone else can as well. There are a number of costs associated with blogging, main among that is hosting. Two great options are Bluehost or HostGator. You can open an account in minutes with Bluehost and pay only $3.95 per month, or similarly so with HostGator and pay only $3.96 per month.
- Open A Brokerage Account – I know opening a brokerage account as a way to make extra money this spring might seem a little odd, but hear me out. As you likely know, you can open and fund an IRA until April 15 and have it count towards your 2015 taxes. Online brokerages know this and is how the extra income aspect comes in as they offer promotions to earn your business. Some of these promotions even end on April 15th as a way to incent you further. Since investing in the stock market is such a big part of growing your wealth this can be a great opportunity for you to pocket a little extra cash. With that in mind, here are some of our current favorite promotions:
- Get up to $150 cash back with a new Motif Investing account
- Get up to $2,000 cash back with a new Scottrade account
- Get up to $600 cash back with a new Etrade account
Bonus Ways to Make Extra Money This Spring
- Clean Houses – Spring means one thing – spring cleaning. If you’re like my family then things just seem to accumulate a little bit more over the winter months. This is a perfect opportunity to make some extra income. The great thing about this idea is you need little to no skill to do it. If you can throw things away or know how to use a mop then you’re already an expert.
- Plant Something – Many people like the idea of a garden but either lack the time or desire to actually run one. If you have any gardening skills (and trust me if I can do it, so can you) this can be a good way to make extra income this spring. If you work it right you can set up some residual income for yourself by offering to maintain it throughout the summer and shut it down in the fall.
- Be A Yard Sale Planner – Yard sales are a common thing as the weather starts to warm up a little. The problem is many people don’t want to take the time to do the work or plan it. That is where you come in and can be a great way to make extra money this spring. The pay can either be a percentage or flat fee but you get to help clients get rid of clutter, make a little money and you get to make money – it’s a win all around.
As we’ve noted in other posts, this list only scratches the surface. There are many ways to make extra money this spring – you just have to be a little creative with it. That creativity should help encourage you to see that making extra income really can be a year-round thing to help further grow your wealth.
How will you try to make extra money this spring? Is there one thing you like to do this time of the year to make extra income? What’s one thing you’d hire out if cost wasn’t an issue?
Photo courtesy of: Stopnlook